Growing in numbers and now thriving in multiple regions across Australia. Fiano with it’s exciting and somewhat exotic flavours, is fabulous with or without food. Keep your eye out for this gem of a variety it’s sure to be making an appearance on a wine list near you.
The juicy nectarine and preserved lemons are balanced by generous layers of texture, a touch of spice and crisp mineral finish.
Bright pale straw.
White nectarine, spring blossom and a hint of toasted almonds.
Layers of fruit and texture with citrus and nectarine notes. Delicate peppery phenolics and minerality create a refreshing finish and balance.
Thai beef salad with lime zest, fresh crusty bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar or goats cheese and semi-sundried tomatoes on toasted sour dough.
The fruit was harvested over the period of a week to give a range of varietal characters. Individual batches were cool fermented in a combination of stainless steel with a range of yeast strains as well as a wild ferment component in old oak barrel to add spice and interest. Components were assessed at the end of fermentation to create an optimum blend of fruit characteristics and wine layers.
– Winestate Magazine 2021 – Top in Category | 2019 Platinum Edition Fiano
– Wine Orbit 2021 – 5 Stars – 93 Points | 2019 Platinum Edition Fiano
– Wine Orbit 2021 – 5 Stars – 93 Points | 2020 Platinum Edition Fiano
– Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards 2022 – Double Gold Medal | 2020 Platinum Edition Fiano
– China Wine & Spirits Awards 2021 – Double Gold Medal | 2020 Platinum Edition Fiano
– Wine Orbit 2022 – 5 Stars – 93 Points | 2021 Platinum Edition Fiano
– Royal Hobart Wine Show – Gold Medal – Class 10 | 2021 Platinum Edition Fiano