Arinto might be the new kid on the block in Australia, but it’s poised to become the next darling variety for both consumers and winemakers alike. There is so much to love here… With its steely backbone and racy acidity, the 2021 Platinum Edition Arinto is fresh, flavoursome, and highly expressive. It tantalises the palate with layers of texture and complexity that promise an exciting future for this exceptional grape variety in the Australian wine landscape.
Pale straw in colour with a rose petal and ripe pear bouquet. Arinto is fresh flavoursome and expressive with layers of texture and complexity.
Pale to medium straw.
Rose petal, ripe pear with subtle herbal notes.
Pear, bath salts, viscosity and subtle phenolics offer layers of texture, with balanced acidity adding freshness and poise.
Zesty Spanish sardine tapas, seared sea bass with fresh herbs and lemon.
Harvesting occurred during the cool of the night, followed by gentle pressing to cold settle the fruit. The pressings fraction was directed into small-format old barrels for fermentation, while the free run underwent most of the fermentation in stainless steel before a partial transfer to barrels for added spice and texture. Subsequently, the wine matured on lees before stabilisation and filtration took place.
– Queensland Wine Emerging Variety Wine Challenge 2021 – Trophy – Champion White | 2020 Platinum Edition Arinto
– Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards 2022 – Gold Medal | 2020 Platinum Edition Arinto
– China Wine & Spirits Awards 2021 – Gold Medal | 2020 Platinum Edition Arinto
– Halliday Wine Companion 2022 – 95 Points | 2020 Platinum Edition Arinto
– International Wine & Spirits Competition – Silver Medal – 90 Points | 2020 Platinum Edition Arinto
– Halliday Wine Companion 2023 – 95 Points | 2021 Platinum Edition Arinto
– Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards 2023 – Gold Medal | 2021 Platinum Edition Arinto
– Wine Orbit 2022 – 5 Stars – 93 Points | 2021 Platinum Edition Arinto
No animal derived products were used in the making of this wine