Delicious and approachable, the large format oak barrels order a subtle layer of toasty oak tannins that ensure the bright Morello cherries and hint of caramel are the stars of this show.
Bright light to medium red with hint of purple hue.
Ripe cherry and blackberry, spicy oak underlying with notes of char and star anise.
Delicious approachable palate, medium weight, large oak format has enabled excellent integration of oak tannins and flavour. Notes of toast, Morello cherry and caramel.
Very flexible wine suited across a range of cuisines. Highly recommended with cheese platters, medium intensity meat dishes or Indian vegetarian curries.
Fruit selected from premium Barossa vineyards was cold soaked for two days followed by a moderate fermentation temperature on skins for a period of six days, before being pressed into stainless steel. The wine underwent malolactic fermentation and maturation in large format oak with 50% new French oak to add length however to still allow the fruit to shine through.
– Wine Orbit 2021 – 5 Stars – 94 Points | 201 Platinum Edition Grenache
– International Wine & Spirits Competition 2021 – Gold Medal – 95 Points | 2019 Platinum Edition Grenache
– China Wine & Spirits Awards 2021 – Gold Medal | 2019 Platinum Edition Grenache
– Cairns Show Wine Awards 2022 – Top Gold – 96 Points | 2020 Platinum Edition Grenache
– Wine Orbit 2022 – 5 Stars – 95 Points | 2020 Platinum Edition Grenache
– Halliday Wine Companion 2021 – 91 Points | 2020 Platinum Edition Grenache