Smooth and fleshy with a luscious palate of rhubarb, raspberry, red liquorice and a hint of rosemary. Toasty oak and mouth-filling, velvety tannins with lasting intensity this wine is delicious now or be rewarded by further cellaring.
Intense deep red with red hues.
Anise, dark berry, leather and earthy spices.
Full bodied, toasty oak, dense ripe plum, rhubarb, raspberry and red liquorice, with a hint of rosemary. The wine has good length, finishing with fine, supple tannins.
Rosemary salt encrusted venison or chargrilled kangaroo fillet with beetroot and lightly caramelised radicchio, wild mushroom risotto or a selection of hard cheeses.
Parcels of McLaren Vale fruit underwent a cold soak and fermented on skins in open fermenters, spanning ten to twenty days before pressing. Following this, the wine underwent malolactic fermentation and matured in French barrels, with a combination of 100% new and second-use barrels, for a total of 18 months before reaching the bottling stage.
– Halliday Wine Companion 2021 – 95 Points | 2018 Limited Edition Shiraz
– China Wine & Spirits Awards 2021 – Double Gold | 2019 Limited Edition Shiraz
– Halliday Wine Companion 2022 – 91 Points | 2019 Limited Edition Shiraz
– Wine Orbit 2022 – 5 Stars – 95 Points | 2020 Limited Edition Shiraz
– Halliday Wine Companion 2023 – 94 Points | 2020 Limited Edition Shiraz
McLaren Vale, just a 45-minute drive south of Adelaide along the stunning South Australian coast, is Shiraz country at its finest. This Mediterranean climate paradise, with warm summers, mild winters, and most of its rain in winter, creates the perfect setting for crafting velvety-textured wines with intense berry flavours.
No animal derived products were used in the making of this wine